Sweet potatoes with red curry coconut
From my sister Elizabeth Drake
6 Medium Sweet potatoes
3 Tsp Red Thai Curry
1 Tsp peanut or vegetable oil
3/4 cup lite coconut milk
1/4 cup agave or maple syrup
3 Tbsp butter
- Roast the 6 sweet potatoes till soft and peel and mash
- In a wok, heat 1 Tsp oil till it just begins to smoke. Add 3 Tsp Red Thai Curry and stir fry until fragrant
- Add 3/4 cup coconut milk (be sure to include both solids and liquid if not using a lite coconut milk
- Bring curry and coconut to a boil, then turn down to simmer.
- Simmer for 5 minutes
- Mix in 1/8 cup of maple or agave syrup, and 2 Tbsp of butter until the butter is melted.
- Whip in potatoes with a mixer or masher
- Transfer to a broiler safe pan, put the remaining 1 tbsp of butter and 1/8 cup Maple or Agave syrup on top and broil under the broiler in the oven until toasted on top
- Serve hot
Serves 6-8 easily - maybe more.
Post a Comment