Hmmm. Considering the fact that I live a pretty public life, I may have to make this 7 things you MIGHT not know about me. I'm not exactly the shy type.... But to pass the meme along I'll put in my 2 cents (or is it 7 cents):
1) I am optimistic about people - in general I give everyone lots of credit and leeway - more than they deserve probably - because down deep I feel that every person has something to love and trust in themselves - if only it can be brought out.
2) I can't stop learning - I have this natural, consuming curiousity that cannot be satisfied. I sometimes envision "retirement" as spending the rest of my days learning about new stuff by auditing college courses, working with young people, researching things, and generally getting involved in everything I don't already know about. I'm an information omnivore, and a natural ADHD.
3) Gaming is fun - I love to game (most people already know this). It doesn't matter if it's cards, board, computer or something else - if it's a game I love it. I recently taught myself how to play Mah Jongg (not the computer solitaire version) and play online with folks from China, Japan and Malaysia. I like to play female characters and male characters in online games, and have to control how much time I spend at it. I don't understand people that don't like games - if you've lost the capacity for fun - you've lost a huge part of your life. I play paintball because I love the thrill and the adrenaline.
4) I am married to the smartest person on earth - it's true, it just is. She's also the most patient, thorough, organized and loving spouse a man could hope for. But that you probably already did know about me :)
5) Science Fiction is the key to keeping yourself young - if you read science fiction you are always living in the future. If you watch news you are always living in the past. Those who live in the future will live longer and have more fun doing it.
6) My son is way better than I ever was - better behaved (right mom and dad?), better at school, better at life, better socially, better academically, better at sports, skinnier, taller, more handsome, and more driven. He will go further than I ever went. Wanna know why? See number 4.
7) I want to eat my way across Asia - I am a cook (NOT a chef) and a closet foodie. I would love to start in Northern China and visit every country between there and Australia and eat in every one of them. Anthony Bourdain and Andrew Zimmern are my idols.
Post a Comment